Recipe for Cauliflower Cheddar Bacon Casserole
Dinner: Cauliflower Cheddar Bacon Casserole
Ground Beef Mixture
1 lb. Ground Beef (80/20)
1 tbsp. Bacon Fat
2 tsp. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp. Mrs. Dash Table Blend (or comparable all-seasoning)
1 tbsp. Reduced Sugar Ketchup (or Organic Tomato Paste)
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce (or Tamari)
1 tsp. Red Boat Fish Sauce
10 oz. Bacon, chopped and fried
1 medium Head Cauliflower, cut into florets
4 oz. Cream Cheese
4 oz. Cheddar Cheese
1. Add 1 tbsp. Bacon Fat, 2 tsp. Minced Garlic, 1 tsp. Cumin, 1/2 tsp. Paprika, 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder, 1/2 tsp. Salt, 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper, 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder, 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper, and 1/4 tsp. Mrs. Dash Table Blend to the 1 lb. of Ground Beef.
2. Using your hands, thoroughly mix this together, making sure all of the spices run through.
3. Place the ground beef into a plastic bag and pour 1 tbsp. Reduced Sugar Ketchup, 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce, and 1 tsp. Red Boat Fish Sauce over the beef.
4. Use your hands through the bag to massage everything together. Roll the beef into a log and take all of the air out of the bag, then store in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5. Slice the bacon into small chunks and begin to cook it.
6. Once bacon is finished, save grease for later. Lay bacon on paper towels to cool and crisp up.
7. In the same pan, begin to brown the ground beef. You want it cooked, but not fully cooked.
8. While beef is cooking, preheat your oven to 350F and chop the cauliflower into florets. Chop florets to the size you want – the smaller they are the more they will cook in the oven. If you want to, you can also cook them at this stage.
9. Arrange the cauliflower florets in the bottom of a casserole dish (this is a link to a pyrex one with attachable lids, which I prefer over non-stick based ones).
10. Place ground beef over the cauliflower. You’re welcome to mix this together to create a more solid casserole once finished.
11. Rip chunks off of 4 oz. cream cheese and place over the top.
12. Place bacon and 4 oz. cheddar cheese over the top of the casserole. Pour bacon grease over the top of the casserole.
13. Place casserole in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and browned over the top.
14. Remove casserole and let cool.
15. Serve – feel free to add red pepper flakes, slices of jalapeno peppers, or sprinkling of parsley over the top!
Add a review for Cauliflower Cheddar Bacon Casserole
|Amount Per Serving|