Recipe for 'My'Hop Whole Wheat Pancakes
Dessert: 'My'Hop Whole Wheat Pancakes
A homemade version of what we all love from a popular pancake house chain.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
This recipe includes fertility superfoods such as:
Health and fertility benefits of 'My'Hop Whole Wheat Pancakes
Agave has a low glycemic index (GI) of 17.
3/4 cup 100% whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1/1 tsp kosher salt
3 tsps turbinado sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsps canola oil
1 large egg
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tsps vanilla extract
1/2 tso almond extract
1 cup Greek-style whole milk yogurt
Agave nectar to taste
1. Preheat lightly oiled/well-sprayed griddle or large skillet to medium-low heat, 275 °F (135 °C). Also preheat oven to 200 °F (95 °C) if you will be holding them for a while.
2. Whisk all dry ingredients in a very large bowl. Make a well in the center of the ingredients.
3. Whisk wet ingredients in a smaller bowl. Pour into the well of the larger bowl. Whisk until fairly smooth. (Add up to another 1/4 cup of milk or water to make batter medium thickness and pourable). Let it sit for a few minutes.
4. Pour scant 1/2 cup batter onto center of skillet.
5. Cook pancake until small bubbles (or holes) seem to sit on the center of the cake without much bursting. Also, the edges of the cake should look somewhat dry. Now, you're ready to flip.
6. The second side of the cake will cook in nearly half the time of the first so keep your eyes on the pan. You'll see steam from the skillet and you'll know the pancake is cooked through.
7. Hold cooked pancakes in a warm oven or serve immediately.
8. Note: Try adding to the batter chopped nuts or fresh fruit. They are great plain but also try with pure maple syrup, agave nectar, warm fruit compote or preserves and even fresh fruit with fresh whipped cream.
Easy to make and doesn't taste all that 'wheaty'.
Rated 5 out of 5
Used for: PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
Review date: 2016-07-01
Add a review for 'My'Hop Whole Wheat Pancakes
|Amount Per Serving|