Recipe for "Breaded" Chicken Shake & Bake
Dinner: "Breaded" Chicken Shake & Bake
The chicken is much tender than prepared the traditional "breaded" way.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
9 fried pork skins
4 medium skinless chicken thighs
1. Remove skin and bone from chicken thigh. Beat the meat with a meat beater until about 1/3" thick. If piece gets too wide to handle, cut it in two and continue beating to the desired thickness.
2. Put the pork skins in a zip lock bag and close the bag carefully so there wouldn't be much air left in it. With a rolling pin, crush the pork skins until they resemble breadcrumbs. Add the garlic powder and salt to the pork rinds, close the bag and shake well.
3. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Take a piece of chicken, put it in the zip lock bag with the crushed pork skins, making sure it's not folded, close the bag, then holding on one corner shake so the meat will be covered in the pork skin crumbs. Place on baking pan. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
4. Bake at 400 °F (205 °C) for 20-30 minutes or until pork skin crumbs are dark golden (depending on the oven). Do not overcook. To verify if meat is done, poke with a fork - if the juice runs clear not pink, it's done.
5. Serve warm with a side dish of your choice. Can be kept in the fridge and nuked when needed.
6. Note: if you want to add an extra "zing", take the pan out of the oven, drop a spoonful of marinara sauce or just plain crushed tomatoes on each piece and spread it with the spoon to cover the whole piece leaving about 1/4" from the edges free of tomatoes; sprinkle a dash of crushed basil on each piece, and top with a spoonful of shredded cheese. Put back in the oven for an extra 5-7 minutes. Serve warm.
Add a review for "Breaded" Chicken Shake & Bake
|Amount Per Serving|